Welcome to Boons & Conditions! Log in or Sign up to interact with the B&C community.

B&C Beta Giveaway 6

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2 Discussion' started by Faelor, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faelor B&C Staff

Hello one and all! This is the thread where your replies to be entered in our sixth Guild Wars 2 beta weekend event need to be posted! Here is a link to the original news post. I'll copy the rules so you can see them here as well.

Requirements
    • Register on our forum.
    • Create the build you plan to dominate with in structured player vs player when Guild Wars 2 is released. Here are some of the builder websites we recommend; GW2Tools, GW2Builds, GW2Build, and Guild Wars 2 Codex.
    • Post in this thread (click here) with a description of how this build works in sPVP. What are the key skills do you need to keep on cooldown, what should be used re-actively? Extra points if you are detailed enough to include fine details such as what amulet, jewel, and runes you will be using.
    We will be selecting 5 winners from today's contest! Get to it before we close the gates on Sunday at noon PDT (-7 GMT)! Winners will be contacted via private message (PM) on our forums, so please be on the lookout. If we don't receive an answer within 24 hours, we will select another winner to take your place. The entries will be selected by the team based on several factors such as viability, creativity, and presentation.
    *If you have any additional questions, feel free to PM or DM me!
  2. Bo Hansen New Member

I think i will play Elementalist with staff. my build will go like this:

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simu...0.20.18.23.0.0.0.51.48.54.65.0.0.0.30.0.30.10

I will be able to deal masive amount of damage because of my crit chance and crit damage and i will still have alot of hitpoints. Im taking staff because of the combos. I will be able to put up a static field and with eruption and arcane wave, my elemental atunement trait plus windborne speed i will be able to give 30-40 secs of swiftness to my teammembers. Also if i get in trouble healthwise i will use same blast finishers with healing rain. (Taking Glyph of elemental atunement, because of the awsome boons. I will have no problem being in permanet swiftness, and if things heath up i just change to earth and gain protection everytime i use my glyph. With my traits it should be on a 16 secs cooldown. awsome :))
    Being fast and have alot of HP and still be able to deal masive damage will hopefully turn the tide against those other classes who will, no doubt try to get in close and CC me.
    If i come under CC (Crowd control) i will use my armor of earth and/or Lightning flash to gain the upper hand.
    My traits a builded up around getting the most out of my heal and cantrips, because those are the keys to stay alive for this build
    Took the knights amulet and jewel because my Elementalist is builded up around Vitality, precision and power and the superior rune of divinity is giving me just a tad more of all including a nice amount of crit damage aswell (not bad for a ele to muster +23K hp)

Bumbum/Bo
  3. Madhouse881 New Member

http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#r;fkpaf;ZaabWadfVaaadaa;XdYa;ZSecY

My build is special in dealing damage with meele attacks and even didnt get hited with enemy. I am going to make a ranger with MH: 1H Sword and OH: Dagger. I have never played GW1 or GW2 beta but if this combo willl be weak it will be at last good looking :p . I will charge at enemy with serpent strike, than i will do the slash combo with sword, than i will hit enemy with stalkers strike, retreat with Hornet sting and deal finishing blow with Crippling Talon... Of course the pet will be still distracting him. If the enemy is still alive i will finish him with bow... I think it doesnt matter if it is Shortbow or Longbow... :) I hope you will like my build and combo...
  4. thel New Member

Confusion Stacking Mesmer

This is the mesmer build I was running last BWE and was having a lot of fun with. The build runs Scepter/Torch and Staff with Blink, Decoy, Sig of Domination, and Moa. The focus of the build is to stack confusion on your target and let them destroy themselves with what I found, was usually reckless abandon. The traits ensure that you're confusion lasts long and the runes I run (Runes of the nightmare [+Condition dmg/duration]) ensure maximum damage from confusion. I found a carrion amulet/jewel usually work the best although I was playing around with the rabid and shaman one but havent made a conclusion on those. The utility skills help keep you alive since you're fairly squishy although keeping up your clones and phantasms is crucial for tricking your enemy and staying alive as well (and add some much need damage and pressure.) This builds main weakness is being focused and situations against more than one enemy because most of the skills are single target focused. The staff helps round out this weakness a little more and helps significantly in holding cap points with Chaos Storm and Winds of Chaos.

Overall it's a pretty enjoyable build and hits like a truck when faced against unknowing enemies. It captures some of the fun I enjoyed playing a GW1 mesmer and using skills like empathy, backfire, and VoR.
  5. Dumuzi New Member

http://www.gw2builds.org/create/bwe_1/thief#1.1.3.0-2.3.13.14.2-10.0.0.30.30-11.5.12.9.9.4.3

I'm going to be running a dual pistol and shortbow build. I chose this because the shortbow bring s a lot of utility and mobility, and the dual pistols for the burst damage. The traits are also about utility, mobility, and survival. I picked traits that regenerate and add initiative because it allows me to spam skills if i need it and gives me more options in fights. For my utility skills, I picked shadow refuge for the escape utility and heal, and stealth, which i think will work great with shadowstep to confuse people. I also picked haste because quickness increases dps by a crazy amount. Roll for initiative for the mobility and to recover initiative. Since this build doesn't have a lot of damage, all my runes will be crit damage and precision. Ranger runes
  6. adam montilla New Member

7. Rush B&C Staff

Aside from the ranger build, these builds look decent. It will be fun trying that guardian build out, since I specialize in that area.
  8. Madhouse881 New Member

Sorry for my short post but my english is not very good my learning main language is german. So my English vocabulary is not very good and i cant find the correct words to describe my build... Even to this post i used google translate :p
  9. Railgun Member

My build is an attempt at a condition/area control necromancer.

http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#n;ppfaa;cWgbdUbaaaaaaaa;Zacb;ZcYVZ

The main weapon is a staff, which supplies most of the area control ability through the marks. Combined with the utility skills, this allows me to either spread conditions over a wide area to restrict enemy movement or stack conditions in a single area and use Epidemic to spread them. The Elite skill, Lich Form, gives a little "oomph" to my skill setup.

The secondary weapon set, Scepter+Dagger focuses more on the conditions part of the build and would potentially allow me do deal an extra 64% damage from Feast of Blood, assuming I get all eight possible conditions on the enemies around me (which is easier to do because of Epidemic).

Because the build lacks the ability to mitigate damage (through pets or healing wells or being able to cast Death Shroud constantly), most of the equipment will be socketed with gems and jewels that increase Vitality and/or Toughness. Runes are similar, although I also would consider a set of Malice runes to be a good replacement for Vitality or Toughness.
  10. konvay New Member

http://www.gw2builds.org/view/238212/invulnerable_glass_cannon

I've got an Elementalist build I played the first two BWEs with. I've determined that Scepter/Focus fit into a glass cannon build really well and allows for both moderate-high damage and great support options. The Focus provides a lot of options to self defense and team support, earth has a long duration invulnerability and air has a long duration knockdown and wide-area projectile deflection. This allows for many one-sided fights at range. Water provides a non-projectile slow, which really helps when running around corners.

The itemization and runage focuses on getting crits and boons/conditions because of crits, combine it with the multi-hit channeled air auto attack and you can gain multiple crits and keep up vulnerability and vigor, further increasing your damage and defenses (dodge rolls). Air also provides a nice spike that doesn't interrupt the channeling auto attack. I don't focus much on fire, but it does provide self condition removal and vigor as well. I would say Earth and Air are the main two attunements I sit in as it's the easiest method of surviving and applying damage.
  11. Aeon Rex New Member

The Tankineer
    http://www.gw2tools....aXVU;bYaa;YgUjZ

You would probably use either soldier's amulet (Power, Vitality, Toughness) or the Knight's (Vitality, power, precision) depending whether you wanted more dmg or survivability. Rune of Melandru for condition duration reduction.

The spec has good denial with the pull and knockback, useful for preventing allies from being stomped out, area control with pulls and knockbacks and the nails (aoe cripple), survivability through gear, traits, and blocks, condition removal and swiftness buff with med pack (and extra healing), 2 block abilities and a projectile reflect,ranged cripple through toolkit toolbet ability, a healing elite, and a low cooldown heal.

You would use the shield and knockback skills to mitigate damage, stay on your target with crippling wrenches, and use elixir R for condition/stun removal and reviving yourself and/or others. Knowing when, where, and who to use your control abilities on is key.

Not many people think of the engineer as a defense oriented profession, however, I think it has great capabilities to do this at it's disposal, what do you think?
  12. InstaBayne New Member

13. Faelor B&C Staff

That's a wrap! Winners will be selected tonight! Be paying attention to your e-mail boxes and private messages!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.