Welcome to Boons & Conditions! Log in or Sign up to interact with the B&C community.

B&C BWE Giveaway Day 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2 Discussion' started by Faelor, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desaroll New Member

The true fact? I have played many MMOs before, and each one had other the previous didn't have. But they were always minor things. A new visual effect, another system for PvP... Or things like that. Always i jumped to other MMORPG, i knew what i had to do, and when. They were easy to play and adapt.

But when I tested GW2 (A Beta from a friend... I can't say which cause it was under the NDA (Guess it xD)), I created a new character, and from the creation I sensed something different (First one with near role options (Next i discovered it changed the personal story line)). When I entered, there were not the typical quest: "Chase X rats to begin, novice" or something like that. I jumped in the middle of a battle with other players and I had to understand the skill bar (Other thing that's different) in a few secs, and start to kill enemies by left and right, and to open my way through them instead of kill one, move back, kill other, move back, etc! That was and Epic feel...

I rediscovered what was to feel that you are part of a MMORPG world, and that they still have much to impress us...

I now I need to get the code so I can convince my brother (The one with the money for games xD) to buy it... He don't believe me xD
  2. Jerry New Member

I think the greatest aspect is the content scaling. I am military and I play games with my wife and friends from all over so words can't explain how happy I am that I don't have to keep reserving characters to play with different people.
  3. glen edmonds New Member

I would like to be in the Guild Wars 2 beta weekend because i want to try out the elementalist as it looks like a very versatile class and capable of many a great thing in PvP.
  4. Variety New Member

I'm interested in GW2 largely because of its aesthetic nature. From what I've seen, it has a very unified artistic style which typically points toward a game aging well. Looking at games such as TF2 and WoW, both have a very distinct style and even though both aren't cutting-edge with their graphics, they both look fantastic and will continue to look fantastic into the future. This is what I see in GW2.
  5. Rhapsoso New Member

I'd like to play Guild Wars 2 because i'm a trully huge fan of NCSOFT products, i've played every Guild wars products ( Eye of the north etc. ) and many NCsoft products too ( Aion, Lineage 1 & 2 etc. ) and I can't wait for Blade and soul !! I'd like to have the privilege to also play GW2 beta, it would an immense honor for me to be part of this, helping GW2 team to improve their games by reporting bugs and in the same time, having fun playing one of my beloved game.
    I couldn't describe how happy i might be if i ever win this contest , i've tried almost any single contest for GW2 beta key and i never won 1 so far. I don't know how you'll choose the winner, but if you choose them by the happiness it would gives them to play the beta, i'm truly the best fan ever ! :)
  6. Pikku New Member

Guild Wars was one of the first MMORPGs I played and also one of the first RPGs I played. And now I love this genre. The worlds of Guild Wars had been fascinating and beautiful, that's because I played each game very carefully and did each quest. This was very slow but i enjoyed it a lot. As I heard that, there will be Guild Wars 2 I had been sure, that I'll buy it when it's released.
    The most interesting part of this game is for me the discovery of new worlds and new scenes with a amazing design. I'm also excited about the new Necromancer which had been my favourite class in the old Guild Wars.
    Another important fact for me is the non-monthly payment because I don't like it to pay for a game and than also pay to play it... just don't like the system and I think one should support the idea to stay with the system of Guild Wars that one just has to pay once in contrast to a lot of other MMORPGs!
  7. NLZ New Member

The events and the class role system looks interesting, I would like to try it out before prepurchase.
  8. Saggins New Member

Guild Wars 2's bold healer/tank/damage trinity breaking sacrilege scares the hell out of me, and that fear excites me about the game. Having dedicated the past five years of my life to mastering every type of tank in every major MMO, this feels like a step down in importance, but a step toward equality. They're not the only MMO development team gravitating in this direction, but the hours of beta footage released has convinced me that they are the most stable and promising. If any game will successfully break the holy trinity and bring role equality to all, it will be Guild Wars 2.

"I have a dream that my guildies will one day play an MMO where they will not be judged by the role of their class but by their skill as a player." - Dr.^M4rtin_Looter-pWn!ng_Jr.s
  9. Jonathan New Member

I'm interested in GW2 over other games because in my opinion it is the future of mmo, it will become the game that everyone else is trying to accomplish, specifically because of the freedom it is given to players to play however they want and having the player to make a difference in changing Tyria...The player finally matters.
  10. Latilres New Member

I really belive that GW2 have the potential to be everything i want in a mmo. My hope is that it shall succeede with all the things were come up short in either story, gameplay or community. From what I have seen so far GW2 has all these things and i wish to be part of it and experience it first hand!
  11. Mavius New Member

I’m interested in GW2 over other games for mainly three reasons:
    #1: The PvP! I’m looking so much forward to try that PvP system, it just seems right to me!

#2: The personal story. I really, really, really, like how you can have a personal story that is bound to your character in an MMO!

#3: Necromancer. I really love the idea of a necromancer. And it’s always a huge plus for me when I can play such a character.
  12. Jeronkey New Member

I'm interested in Guild Wars 2 over other games simply because it is the sequel to a game I thoroughly enjoyed. I became really good friends with a handful of people, and it was adventuring with them and even meeting them that made the first game truly special. I already know that most of them will be getting Guild Wars 2.. and I really think that running around World vs World and the rest of Tyria screaming and laughing over voice chat as we get hopelessly slaughtered is an experience I don't want to miss out on.

Besides that; the game simply looks absolutely stunning in so many different ways!
  13. kilroy New Member

hhhhhhmmmm
    no more boring pve
    dynamic skilled pvp
    charrs !!!!!!!!
  14. Rascus New Member

I find GW2 very flexible and friendly for any kind of player. It brings some inventions and connect MMORPG with pure action and complex storyline. And also you do not have to play for hundred of hours to get to the full content of the game.
  15. Nuez New Member

Because since i stopped with wow for 2 years ago because of... shit, i have been missing another greate mmo... and GW2 is that mmo, not only graphics are greate but the inovation for the whole game is amazing! can't wait to try it! heard from my friends it's incredibly good gameplay. also looking forward to the interesting history :)
  16. Sean New Member

Its been awhile since I've been so excited for an upcoming release.
    Though wary from prior MMOs' promises , I have the highest hopes that this game can rise above many stereotypical problems like gear grind whilst combining the replayability of DOtA games with the personal attachment of hero RPG.

Looking forward to see you all on the field!
  17. Narcis New Member

Hello all! I'm looking forward to Guild Wars 2 because it seems to connect with the more casual player. From what I've seen and read it takes the spontaneity of Rift, which I loved, but offers more of a story line, more like SWTOR's style. I'm hoping for a happy medium between the two However, the one trait of the game that seems to lure me in more then any other aspect is the art and design. It reminds of my days playing long long long hours in the world of FFXI. Plus the one time purchase fee is always nice, since all of the games I just compared it too require a monthly subscription!
  18. Maxd765 New Member

Why am i interested in Guild Wars 2? First, Dynamic events questing system. WOW!! No more playing fetch looking for quests and then returning to the NPC that agve you the quest. From what I have read and seen in videos, what happens in the dynamic event, whether it was a success or fail, controls what happens next in the event. There was a video I saw of a dynamic event, an NPC wanted some ore for blacksmithing if I recall. When the event was a success, the npc actually went back to his house and was actually forging a weapon!! You could also see the NPC with his familly, and his daughter wanted to even help him out!!! This just showed me that ArenaNet put a lot of thought into dynamic events and showed me that I have to at least try out this game!!!

Number 2, the combat. I like the idea of moving around not taking turn! Many console games today use the dynamic combat system. Why can't an MMO have it? To me , it is just flat out boring having to stand there and we are attacking each other (Don't mean to bash any game out there). What if I want to block or dodge, I should be able to have that option. I know guild wars 2 is not the first MMO to use this new combat (Dungeon Fighter Online did and it is why it will be one of my favorite MMO's out there) system but the combat is a big factor to me!
  19. Charles New Member

Three completely different and well thought out ways to play it with PvE, WvW, and sPVP. No matter what mood I'm in there will always be something to do. Not to mention all the amazing basic mechanics like only have 10 active skills at any times, having the weapon you use actually impact your playstyle, and no dedicated healers.
  20. john New Member

1. No sub fee. Being in college with a part time job means I cannot always commit to play every week. On the weeks I do get to play, it is most often a few hours around the weekend. Not having to pay $15 a month when you are unsure how much time you will have to play is great.
    2. Level system. Wanting to play with friends without having to reroll, make alts, keep alts around their same level is great. Auto leveling to a level 80 character stats wise for WvW is great for playing with friends who aren't the same level as well.
    3. WvW. Keep capture with siege weapons. The only thing missing is super power items to steal from the enemy main keep. I understand there are some types of orbs for a small hp boost, but that seems a little lackluster. Stealing a power core from the main Asura gate so some Asura gates from their realm are now disabled and they have to send their entire server against our keep walls? Yes please.
    4. SPvP. Not having to level up to play serious structure pvp is a great thing. No more flavor of the month spending that month leveling a new character.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.